Born November 22, 1942 in Irkutsk.
Honored Artist of the RSFSR (1986). People's Artist of the Russian Federation (1995).
In 1964 he graduated from the Higher Theater School. M.S. Shchepkina at the Maly Theater (course of teachers V.I. Korshunov, Yu.M. Solomin, P.Z. Bogatyrenko).
In 1964-1965 he worked at the Theater on Malaya Bronnaya, then moved to the Theater. K.S. Stanislavsky.
In the group of like-minded actors, he played Vladimir Ivanovich in the play by V. Slavkin “Serso” on the stage of the theater “School of Dramatic Art” that was just emerging at that time.
Since 1979 - an actor of the Maly Theater.
Since 2003 he has been teaching acting at VTU. Shchepkina, Associate Professor (2007). In 2013, he released his only course at the school.
Prizes and awards:
- State Prize of the Russian Federation (1995) - for the outstanding performance of the role of Tsar Boris in the performance of the Maly Theater of Russia “Tsar Boris” based on the tragedy of the same name by A. K. Tolstoy.
- State Prize of the Russian Federation (2003) - for performing the role of Strength Erofeevich Groznov in the play of the Maly Theater of Russia “Truth is Good, But Happiness is Better” by A. N. Ostrovsky.
- Order of Honor (10.25.1999).
- Order "For Merit to the Fatherland" IV degree (September 3, 2006).
- National Theater Award “Golden Mask” (2006) - for playing the role of Flora Fedulich Pribytkov in the performance of the Maly Theater of Russia “The Last Victim” by A. N. Ostrovsky.
- The annual theater prize "Moscow Komsomolets" (2008).
- International Theater Prize KS Stanislavsky for 2009 in the nomination "actor’s skill".
- Special diploma of the XXXII International Festival of VGIK (2012) - for the preservation and development of a genuine Russian acting school.
- Winner of the "Theater Star" award in the nomination "Best Actor" (2013)