Born on January 18, 1950 in the village of Starominskaya, Krasnodar Territory.
Honored Artist of Russia (1997). People's Artist of Russia (2011).
From 1967 to 1968 - actor of the Astrakhan Youth Theater; from 1968 to 1970 studied with the Moscow Theater School named after M.S. Shchepkina, but left of his own free will.
He graduated from the Moscow Art Theater School (1975).
Actor of the Moscow New Drama Theater (1975-1982, 1986-1988), Mossovet Theater (1984-1986), actor of the Gorky Film Studio for Children and Youth Films (1989-1991).
From 1993 to 2005 - actor of the Moscow Drama Theater named after K.S. Stanislavsky.
Since 2005 - actor of the Maly Theater.
He is the head of the Interregional Public Fund "Russian Tradition", teaches at GITIS.
PRIZES AND AWARDS
- Prize of the All-Union Film Festival "For the best acting" (1982, for the film "People in the Swamp").
- Laureate of the State Prize of Russia named after the Vasilyev brothers (1985).
- Silver medal named after A.P. Dovzhenko (1986).
- Award "Film Shock" in the nomination "Best Role" (1993, for the film "Flood").
- Winner of the theater prize named after Innokenty Smoktunovsky for his role as Jourdain in the play "The Bourgeois Nobleman".
- Prize of the film festival "Constellation" for the feature film "The priest had a dog ..." (1995)