Born in 1963 in Alma-Ata.
He was fond of playing in the theater from his early youth.
In 1986 he graduated from the Faculty of Philosophy of Leningrad State University, in 1992 - from the acting and directing course of LGITMiK (faculty of dramatic art, workshop of M.V. Sulimov). In 1992 he joined the troupe of the Youth Theater.
He played at the St. Petersburg Youth Theater on the Fontanka, St. Petersburg Theater "Comedians", Academic Bolshoi Drama Theater named after G.A. Tovstonogov, St. Petersburg Theater "Farsy", St. Petersburg Theater "Liteiny", theater "XXI" (St. Petersburg), St. Petersburg Interior Theater, Russian Academic Pushkin Drama Theater.
Honored Artist of the Russian Federation (2005).
Prizes and awards
- 1996, Tallinn, festival of performances for children “Banana Fish” - award “For the Best Actor” in the play “Caliph-Stork” (“Comedians” Theater);
- 1999, Magnitogorsk, “Theater without Borders” festival - award “For Best Actor in a Supporting Role” (Abram Zheltukhin, “Kasatka”, Youth Theater on the Fontanka);
- Season 1999-2000, Golden Sofit, nomination for Best Actor in a Supporting Role - for the role of Talberg in S. Spivak’s play “Days of the Turbins” (Youth Theater on the Fontanka);
- Season 2000-2001, Golden Sofit, nomination for Best Actor - for Karl’s role in S. Spivak’s play The Lark (Youth Theater on Fontanka) and for Sganarel’s role in Don Juan’s play G. Trostyanetsky (Alexandrinsky Theater );
- 2000, Tolyatti, International Theater Festival on the Volga “With Russia in the XXI Century” - diploma for playing the role of Zheltukhin in the play “Killer Whale, Youth Theater on the Fontanka”);
- 2001, St. Petersburg, the Theater Society - a prize of audience sympathy for the role of Zheltukhin in the performance of the Killer whale in the Youth Theater on the Fontanka
- 2001, St. Petersburg - Interregional Festival "Christmas Parade" - award for the performance of the role of Francois Pignon in the play "I Must Remove the President" (Art Peter Association);
- 2002, Moscow - Moscow International Television and Theater Festival “Youth of the Century” - Prize of the Masks Theater Charity Fund for the Promotion of Theater and Television named after THEM. Smoktunovsky - for playing the role of Karl in the performance of the Youth Theater on the Fontanka "Lark".
- 2003, St. Petersburg - Monocle Festival of solo performances - 1st Prize for the solo performance "The History of the Goryukhin Village", Pushkin Theater Center, director A. Andreev.
- 2005, St. Petersburg - Mono-Performances Festival “Monocle” - 2nd Prize for the solo-play “Avdey Flugarin” (based on the works of F. Bulgarin), Pushkin Theater Center, director A. Andreev.
- 2006, St. Petersburg - Golden Soffit Prize for Best Actor (Pavel Obroshenov in the play "The Jokers" to Y. Turcanu, Russian Entreprise Theater)