Rules for refunding tickets for a cultural event. - Yekaterinburg.
From April 14, 2020 in Russia, the Resolution of the Government of the Russian Federation dated April 03, 2020 No. 442 has made a number of changes and additions since June 17, 2020, which approved the Regulation on the features of cancellation, replacement or postponement of an entertainment event held by a performing arts organization or a museum (hereinafter referred to as the Regulation No. 422, Return Policy).
In particular, this document regulates the procedure and terms for reimbursing the cost of tickets for such events when:
- the threat of occurrence and / or occurrence of individual emergencies;
- the introduction of a high alert or emergency situation throughout Russia or in part of it.
When canceling or postponing an event due to the introduction of these regimes, the organization must post information about this on its official websites. And in case of transfer - also:
- new date and time of the event;
- about the possibility of visiting with a previously purchased ticket.
In case of cancellation, the organization or the authorized person from whom the ticket was purchased (if the contract entails the obligation to reimburse the full cost of the ticket, has the right to do one of two things:
- offer to visit the same or another spectacular event after the regimes are canceled;
- refund the full cost of the ticket.
Information about the cancellation or postponement of the entertainment event must be posted no later than 14 calendar days from the date of cancellation of the restriction regimes. If it is impossible to determine a new date and time within this period, the organizer must post information on the postponement of the entertainment event on the Internet, the date and time of which will be announced no later than 6 months from the date of cancellation of the regimes.
When transferring, the visitor can be offered one of two things:
- visit a postponed event using a previously purchased ticket;
- exchange a previously purchased ticket.
The exchange of a previously purchased ticket at the initiative of the visitor occurs on the day the visitor applies for the exchange of a paper ticket - it is possible not earlier than the date of cancellation of the modes.
If no later than 6 months from the date of cancellation of the modes, the new date and time of the rescheduled event are not determined and there is no information about this on the official website, such an event is considered canceled. The full cost of the ticket (transfer voucher) must be returned to the visitor on his initiative:
- on the day of applying for a return;
- on the day of applying for a refund of the cost of an electronic ticket on the website through which the ticket was issued.
All events postponed due to restrictions must be held no later than 18 months from the date of cancellation of the regimes.
No later than 30 calendar days before the date of the rescheduled event, they must start exchanging tickets, as well as post information about this on the official website.
The exchange of tickets to the visitor on his initiative takes place on the day of contact (applies to both paper and electronic forms).
A purchased ticket for a postponed event is exchanged for a ticket, including an electronic ticket that gives the right to attend the postponed event, the date and time of which have been announced, on conditions comparable to the conditions of attendance according to the ticket that were exchanged.
These conditions are understood in the aggregate:
- range of visibility;
- category of seats (row, zone, sector, level of the auditorium) within one tariff;
- the price category of the ticket;
- holding an event in the same locality.
If it is impossible to provide a ticket on comparable conditions, with the consent of the visitor, he should be issued a ticket for better conditions - a higher category of seat without additional payment.
Refund of the full cost of the ticket in case of cancellation due to the introduction of these modes at the initiative of the visitor:
- no later than 180 days from the date of application for the refund of the cost of an electronic ticket, electronic subscription or electronic excursion voucher on the website through which tickets were issued and purchased;
- no later than 180 days from the date of the visitor's request for a refund of the ticket price (possibly not earlier than the date of cancellation of the modes).
The visitor has the right to apply for a refund of the cost of a paper or electronic ticket, subscription, excursion voucher from the date of cancellation of the introduced restrictions. Namely:
- no later than 6 months - in case of cancellation of the event;
- no later than 9 months - when the date and time of the transfer is not determined (i.e. automatic cancellation).
Refusal to receive an order and ticket refund
The buyer can refuse the tickets ordered but not yet received at any time during the term of the order by calling our office in the city of the event.
From September 1, 2019, the rules for returning tickets to Russian theaters have changed (in accordance with Federal Law No. 193-ФЗ “On Amending the Law of the Russian Federation“ Fundamentals of the Legislation of the Russian Federation on Culture ”” dated July 18, 2019):
- When returning no later than 10 days before the event, the spectator has the right to receive 100% of the cost of the ticket (subscription).
- When returning less than 10 days, but no later than 5 days before the event, the viewer has the right to receive 50% of the cost of the ticket (subscription).
- When returning less than 5 days, but no later than 3 days before the event, the viewer has the right to receive 30% of the cost of the ticket (subscription).
- If the viewer refuses to attend the entertainment event within less than 3 days, the ticket price is not refundable.
- In case the spectator refuses to visit the theater in connection with documented circumstances related to his illness or death of a person who is a member of his family or his close relative, the ticket price is refunded in full.
- Discounted tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded!
The cost of the services provided for the delivery of the order (tickets) is not refundable (including in case of cancellation of the order at the time of their delivery).